So, following on from my last failed attempt, I’ve teamed up with Donal, and we’ve started to actually make a game.
We’ve been at it for a week, and have a functional prototype made already.
We decided to use CoronaSDK (LUA scripting) to make the prototype, because, “hey, why not?” but mostly because we intended on it being a mobile game for touch devices, and CoronaSDK let us write directly for Android, iDevice, Kindle & Nook (I’ve no idea what a nook is ) with just one code base, and it handled all the different devices automagically.
As you can see from the images, we went for a really basic “programmer’s art” implementation, seeing as it was just to bash out the main concepts and didn’t need to look particularly wonderful!
Core game functionality is done, but we’re working on puzzles, and are going to meet up soon and really bash out what direction we’re going with it.
We *may* end up choosing a different game engine to write it in, depending on if we’re going to focus on touch devices, or work on a HTML5 based web browser version, or what we’ll do. It’s pretty much all up-in-the-air for now. But, we’re making progress, and that’s the main thing!